Welcome to Sphinx-Gallery’s documentation!¶
Sphinx-Gallery is a Sphinx extension that builds an HTML
gallery of examples from any set of Python scripts.
The code of the project is on Github: Sphinx-Gallery
Features of Sphinx-Gallery¶
- Creating a basic Gallery by automatically running Python files, capturing outputs + figures, and rendering them into rST files ready for Sphinx when you build the documentation. Learn how to Overview your project files and folders
- Embed rST in your example Python files, allowing you to interweave narrative-like content with code that generates plots in your documentation. Sphinx-Gallery also automatically generates a Jupyter Notebook for each your example page.
- Add mini-galleries for API documentation. Sphinx-Gallery can generate mini-galleries listing all examples that use a particular function/method/etc.
- Add intersphinx links to your examples. Sphinx-Gallery can automatically add links to API documentation for functions/methods/classes that are used in your examples (for any Python module that uses intersphinx).
- Manage multiple galleries to create and embed galleries for several folders of examples.
You can do a direct install via pip by using:
$ pip install sphinx-gallery
Sphinx-Gallery will not manage its dependencies when installing, thus you are required to install them manually. Our minimal dependencies are:
Sphinx-Gallery has also support for packages like:
Install as a developer¶
You can get the latest development source from our Github repository. You need
setuptools installed in your system to install Sphinx-Gallery.
You will also need to install the dependencies listed above and pytest
To install everything do:
$ git clone https://github.com/sphinx-gallery/sphinx-gallery $ cd sphinx-gallery $ pip install -r requirements.txt $ pip install -e .
In addition, you will need the following dependencies to build the
Sphinx-Gallery Show: Gallery of Examples¶
- Getting Started with Sphinx-Gallery
- How to structure your Python scripts for Sphinx-Gallery
- List of config options
- Manage multiple galleries
- Parsing and executing examples via matching patterns
- Sorting gallery subsections
- Sorting gallery examples
- Add intersphinx links to your examples
- Add mini-galleries for API documentation
- Using a custom default thumbnail
- Adding line numbers to examples
- Add your own first notebook cell
- Disabling download button of all scripts
- Choosing the thumbnail image
- Generate Binder links for gallery notebooks (experimental)
- Building without executing examples
- Image scrapers
- Resetting modules
- Dealing with failing Gallery example scripts
- Setting gallery thumbnail size
- Minimal reported time
- Showing memory consumption
- Advanced usage
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sphinx-Gallery Utilities
- Sphinx-Gallery API Reference
- Change Log
- Fork sphinx-gallery on Github